Returns due to faults
We hope that you are fully satisfied with your purchase from iD. However, if you do find your goods (phones and accessories such as a charger, cable, cover) are faulty you can return them to us and, in accordance with your statutory rights, you may be provided with a replacement, a repair or refund.
How can I make a return? This depends on how you made your purchase.
- Purchased in store: We generally advise that you return any faulty goods to your store of purchase so if you buy in an iD or a Carphone Warehouse store you should return to that store. In some cases we may be able to facilitate a return in a different store. If you are having difficulty getting to any location please contact the iD Care Team and we can see what alternative options are available.
- Online or through telephone sales: If you purchase a phone or accessories online or through our telesales team then you need to return your order to:
iD Returns, 3rd Floor Office Suite, Omni Park Shopping Centre, Santry, Dublin 9.
When you are making a return you will need to:
- Provide proof of purchase;
- Ensure all packaging and in-box contents are also returned;
- Ensure you have stored any information you need to retain in case we need to reset the phone during any fault diagnosis or repair process.
The faults process:
When we are diagnosing a fault we will check to see if it is impacting the core functionality of the phone or accessory. For example software issues with third party apps or compatibility issues with external devices may not be considered.
|Returned within 28 days:
||If the phone or accessory is faulty and you return within 28 days, then once we can determine the fault, we will exchange the goods with a like-for-like model. If you have not provided the full in-box contents then we will retain them when providing the replacement. Please remember to provide a detailed description of the issue.
|Returned after 28 days:
||If the goods are faulty and you return them after 28 days then we will need to send the phone for repair under the manufacturer warranty. We may attempt to repair an item, a maximum of three times within 12 months, and if this doesn't work we will offer a like-for-like replacement or a refund. Please note we may pass data to our repair partners to ensure we can manage any faults that arise.
In order to diagnose and correct any faults a full phone reset will be required and any data on the device will be lost. iD, its employees and partners will not be liable for any loss of data from the phone or from the SIM or memory cards during this process. If we do send the phone for repair we will provide a repair tracing facility and, subject to availability and deposit, may be able to provide a temporary device during the repair process.
Cooling off/cancellation rights:
If you have bought your phone or accessory away from our normal business premises (such as online or over the phone) then you have the right to cancel your contract within 14 days without giving any reason. Click on cancellations above for more information.
Here are some tips on how to protect your phone:
- Phone cases: It seems basic, but we advise that you protect your phone from damage by using a case. We have a range of options instore to choose from.
- Downloads: Beware of downloading unsafe apps or data to avoid any issues with the operating system of your phone. Reset your device by turning the phone on and off now and again. It’s a good way to reset it and assist in clearing any issues.
- Keep it secure: Remember keep your phone away from moisture, wet surfaces and make sure its secure when you are out and about. X